Among the findings were:
- More eAuctions were conducted on Scanmarket in 2015 than any previous year, continuing a trend of double-digit annual volume increases
- Volume increases were particularly strong in Freight & Transportation and Food ingredients
- Savings rates in the most active product categories decreased somewhat compared to prior years. The average savings rate (8.7%) dropped below 9% for the first time since the recession year of 2008 compared to 10.8% in 2014
- Service agreements (e.g. Temporary Labor) saw their lowest annual savings rate since Scanmarket started tracking category performance ten years ago
- Perennially strong categories such as Packaging, Construction and Marketing Materials continue to deliver solid double-digit savings
For 2016, we expect to see continued solid growth in eAuction volumes with particular strength in Transportation, Food Ingredients, Construction and Packaging.
Would you like to know more details about the product areas or would you like to hear about our experience within your own product area, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Savings are calculated compared to current pricing.