Our client, the buyer, was looking to purchase coffee machines for different locations in Europe. The contract to be negotiated was for one-year and the buyer needed 3 different types of coffee machines for 9 different locations in Europe. Previous spend was € 13.199.710 a year. 9 suppliers were contacted and the buyer wanted to allocate all business to 1 supplier.
- The suppliers were requested to pre-quote prior to the eAuction
- Pre-quotations were entered as individual starting prices in the eAuction
- Some suppliers were not able to bid on all machines, so a Cherry Picking auction was chosen and suppliers were blindfolded on these items
- To simplify the auction set-up, suppliers were asked to quote a total price per machine including all destinations, and 3 product lines for each machine were created in the auction
- 54 bids received in 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Achieved average potential savings of 26,34 %
- € 3.476.210 savings identified