eAuction for Recruitment Services
Our client had used the same agency for recruitment for a long time - the services included recruitment of permanent, temporary and contractor positions within a Head Office, Retail Shops and a Contact Center. They now looked for a potentially new agency to secure a 3-year contract agreement.
Previous spend was £1,200,000 a year and included service provided for locations all across the United Kingdom. Internal stakeholders were very reluctant to switch agency - so procurement had to prove the potential savings were high and that switching would not compromise service. The recruitment category heavily relies on a good relationship with the agency to get the best employees.
Increased Competition by Splitting Tender
- Scanmarket facilitated a data collection exercise - All requirements captured and included in the tender documents
- The tender was split into sub-parts to enhance competition:
- Permanent recruitment
- Temporary staff for Contact Center
- Recruitment of General and Deputy Manager positions
- 58 suppliers were contacted
- 29 suppliers were pre-qualified for the eAuction based on a thorough RFP process
An Average of 62% Savings
- 1,110 bids received in 50 minutes
- Achieved an average of 62% savings on the 3 sub-parts of the eAuction
- £744,000 saved every year