In many organizations, the biggest hurdle to the implementation of a successful eSourcing tool is the internal resistance and skepticism of the sourcing department. One of the ways of getting over this hurdle is to showcase your success stories and demonstrate just how easy it is to set up and manage eSourcing events.
Promoting eSourcing Internally
A large DIY & Construction Materials retailer needed to promote eAuctions internally by showcasing success stories to new buyers. The company decided to run a live eAuction during their annual eSourcing conference and 22 products (garden accessories) were selected for the purpose. 2 suppliers were pre-qualified.
- The event type List Auction was used so that the suppliers would compete on the total sum rather than per product line
- Even though only 2 suppliers were pre-qualified, the level of competition between the suppliers was very good (less than 1% difference in start prices)
38 Minutes Resulted in 24.8% Savings
- The event lasted for 38 minutes with 117 bids
- The Retailer saved 24.8% vs. their current price
- The eSourcing program leader received multiple interest calls from buyers regarding new potential eSourcing projects
- The internal program volume is steadily increasing!