Facing Corruption in Procurement
The buyer, a large private company based in a country challenged by corruption, had a cumbersome manual procurement process which meant all suppliers had to hand in their tender offers in a sealed envelope. All offers were placed in a box and opened once a week. This process made them face multiple challenges as the buyer was unable to monitor progress:
- Did suppliers understand the specifications?
- Were all questions answered?
- Did suppliers bid for all items tendered?
- And more...
- All tenders are now run via the Scanmarket platform
- To avoid corruption, all events are automatically created as locked - meaning that the event manager can't access the questionnaire and the bid list until after the event deadline
- The event manager is now able to monitor progress and follow up with suppliers before the deadline:
- Have suppliers logged in?
- Are suppliers working on the tender?
- Have suppliers answered all questions and submitted bids for all items?
- Messaging is used to respond to Q&A from suppliers
An Active Choice to Fight Corruption
- Improved process and ability to monitor progress and supplier activity
- Easy access to support and communication with suppliers
- Full compliance and audit documentation ensuring internal policies are complied with
- Our client has made an active choice to act responsibly and fight corruption by using the “Locked Events” feature