Inhalt ausschließlich in Englischer Sprache
High-performance support leads to high-performance results. JB Poindexter partner company Morgan uses Scanmarket’s platform and services to deliver great eSourcing results.
Morgan Truck Body is a leading global manufacturer of truck bodies. When searching for the best sources of supply, Morgan needs to make sure that it’s getting the best quality materials at a competitive price. To do so, its corporate parent JB Poindexter helped it access the Scanmarket eSourcing platform to run an eAuction for core components used in manufacturing.
For the first project, electrical parts and accessories, Morgan set up an eAuction with the following characteristics:
- 6 suppliers were invited with 3 making the cut to final participation
- There was only 1 line for bidding as all parts and accessories were put into a single lot in order to facilitate bidding
- Significant bidding with one supplier bidding 31 times on the single line while the other two bid 5 and 6 times each
- The 3 suppliers had individual start prices based on the initial quote sheet sent out detailing all items and specifications as well as
- On a volume of more than $800,000, excellent savings were delivered – 21.4%
- The auction was scheduled to last only 15 minutes. However, given the intense bidding and competition the bidding extended an additional 18 minutes (33 minutes total)
According to Matt Marthinson, VP Supply Chain, JB Poindexter, “I enjoy working with high performing teams that know their business and help to make ours better. The support we received and the results we have experienced are why Scanmarket is our go-to provider.”